Wednesday, September 18, 2002

You've seen Sweet Home Alabama. You've seen it over and over again. Unless you're new to these color talkies we have these days, in which case SHA is a veritable rollercoaster of plot twists, and you will be at the edge of your seat as this madcap romance resolves itself, while also making insightful comments on politicians, homosexuals, New Yorkers, and Southerners.



Otherwise, it will be of interest to those who think Reese Witherspoon can do no wrong. And she does little to no wrong here, actually, unless you count risking becoming the next Meg Ryan by taking this trite cupcakey role.



There's one good laugh involving Civil-War re-enactments, which I'm told appears in the trailer. And it's nice to see Heavenly Creatures' Melanie Lynskey (whom director Andy Tennant also used in the much better Ever After). Beyond that, it's a long evening.



the facelift

Blogger had been rejecting my old template for a few days, so I had to make a change. I'll replace the links when I get more time. I'll also throw some links into the above review.

No comments:

Post a Comment