Tuesday, January 20, 2004

The Ann B. Davis trash tournament is held annually over MLK weekend in Ann Arbor. For the first time in several years, I skipped it this time around. Instead I hung out most of the weekend at the curling club during our international men's bonspiel, eating and drinking a lot. I won a bottle of Argentinian wine in a raffle. I also got to sub in a game for a team from Ilderton, Ontario. We got killed, but I didn't embarrass myself. That was the main reason I had decided to skip ABD, and I had thought it was a shaky one, but then some other late-breaking events made sticking around more important. On Saturday Nancy was in town with a brief window of availability, so we got to hang out with her and Sue, and exchange belated Christmas gifts. Kirsti was godmother at Karlo's baptism on Sunday.



So that's what I did. I haven't seen any ABD results yet, so I don't know what I may have missed.





No comments:

Post a Comment