Monday, July 19, 2004

Revealed at last! The link between Patti Page and Tenacious D



And the peculiar thing is this my friends:

the song we sang on that fateful night? It didn't actually sound anything like this song!
-- The D, "Tribute"



We were driving back from the wedding yesterday and "Tennessee Waltz" comes on the radio. In "Tennessee Waltz," the singer laments -- well, here are all the lyrics, since it's short:



I was dancin' with my darlin' to the Tennessee Waltz

When an old friend I happened to see

I introduced her to my loved one

And while they were dancin'

My friend stole my sweetheart from me.



I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz

Now I know just how much I have lost

Yes, I lost my little darlin' the night they were playing

The beautiful Tennessee Waltz.




Okay, so this means the song being sung is NOT the Tennessee Waltz. It's a song about the Tennessee Waltz..."Tennessee Waltz-prime" if you will. So how do you suppose the Tennessee Waltz being sung about, the one that turns interlopers into little mackdaddies/mommies, goes?



No comments:

Post a Comment