Tuesday, August 3, 2004

dude, where's...

I went into the city last night, parked at and fed a street meter in front of respectable bidnessess (Bed Bath & Beyond, Borders) on Broadway and Diversey at 6:40 p.m., and went to a movie. Got out and--a-la-peanut-butter sandwiches--no car. Chicago has no record of it being towed, even though I would have been cheating the meter for about an hour, so I'm assuming it's stolen. (actually my true assumption is that it is in fact towed and the record of that is lost in some bureaucratic vortex.) Police report and insurance claims have been filed. I didn't know that duct tape on the front panel and a dented, perforated hood were such joyride magnets.



This means I have to find a Plan B for getting to the Prince show tonight, and must scrap going to Michigan this weekend in favor of hastening the car-buying process (it also makes waiting for a Prius difficult). The really annoying thing is that I shelled out $200 yesterday morning just to learn that the AC would be prohibitively expensive to repair.



This report was just brought to my attention. I find it funny that anyone would covet this car's parts, since the last few times I've had any sort of work done, I've been told part x isn't used any more, so you'll have to get part y with an additional retrokit...

No comments:

Post a Comment