Thursday, January 13, 2005

Answers & Quiz 2



okay, the ungotten ones have been sitting for a while now, so here are the answers.

3. Magnetic Fields "The Way You Say Goodnight"

4. 999, "Homicide"

7, The Cramps, "Human Fly"

8, The Coasters, "That is Rock & Roll"

9, The Sundays, "My Finest Hour"

12, James Brown, "Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine"

13, Fountains of Wayne, "A Fine Day for a Parade"

20, Blondie, "X Offender"



Clearly, a straight "shuffle" brings up too many obscurities. Whatever-- Dwight got a Ken Nordine track right over on Joe's quiz, so James Brown's "Sex Machine" should be gettable, yes?





And here's another one. let's see...to my knowledge, none are covers, but in the case of #1, there is a cover version which is probably better known. The missus may want to recuse herself here, since I'm sure she's good for at least 16.



1. I keep your picture beside my bed, and I still remember the things you said.

2. They called me the wild rose, but my name was Eliza Day. Why they call me it, I do not know. ("Where the Wild Roses Grow", Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue - Cinnamon)

3. I got a .38 Special CD collection, some Bactine to prevent infection. ("Red Dragon Tattoo," Fountains of Wayne - JQ)

4. Let's go make a picture on the island of Stromboli. ("Ingrid Bergman," Billy Bragg & Wilco - Victoria)

5 And we played the first thing that came to our heads, it just so happened to be the best song in the world. ("Tribute," Tenacious D - Flax got it before Ellen)

6 Yeah I'll check out a movie, but it'll take a black one to move me.

7 I come old friend from hell tonight across the rotting sea, not the nails of the cross nor the blood of Christ can bring you help this eve. ("Turkish Song of the Damned," The Pogues- Kris)

8 I hope I don't see his name in the paper, in the obituary, 'cos that would mean he's dead. ("The Cheat Is Not Dead", Strong Bad -- Flax)

9 Well the kids are all hopped up and ready to go. They're ready to go now. ("Sheena is a Punk Rocker", The Ramones - Kirsti)

10 I only get sleepless nights/Alone here in my half-empty bed/For you things seem to turn out right/I wish they'd only happen to me instead . ("What Do I Get?, the Buzzcocks - Kris)

11 Love can cure your problems, you're so lucky I'm around. (Pete Townshend, Let My Love Open the Door - -Craig)

12 And then he flies up to the wall/Stands on one foot doesn’t even fall.

13 Look at you with your mouth waterin'. Look at you with your mind spinnin'. ("Girl U Want, Devo - Kirsti)

14 Charles Surratt introduces his own composition, "On Calvary For Me". ("Voice of Harold," R.E.M. - Victoria)

15 Don't know about you, but I am un chien andalusia. ("Debaser", The Pixies - John)

16 I drink a quart of sake, smoke dynamite, I chase it with tobacky, and then shoot out the light. (Fujiyama Mama, artist missed - Kirsti)

17 There comes a time in every man's life when he gets tired of foolin' around.

18 See Dick. See Jane. See how they both complain. See how they go round and round over nothing at all. (The Refreshments, Suckerpunch - Joe)

19 Why can't she see she's lovely to me, but I like to stay in and watch TV on my own every now and then? ("My Girl," Madness -- Kirsti)

20 Never used to cry 'cos I was all alone, me myself and I was all I've ever known. ("Lucky Number", Lene Lovich -- Kirsti)

No comments:

Post a Comment