Saturday, March 26, 2005

"Meanwhile, the first saucer people have reached Earth..."




This is my wallet. It's made of Tyvek. I love this damn thing. I've had it for...eight years now? I don't even remember. Certainly longer than any other wallet I've had, including forays into nylon/velco and stupid eelskin. Though much of this has been because I can't find a replacement. It was a Christmas gift from my uncle, who found it at the gift shop at the Cooper Hewitt Museum. They don't have them any more; no one does. The company that made them, Fun Folds, has vanished. A little more information, and pics of similar Tyvek wallets, can be found here.
Needless to say, if you come across any of these, please let me know where I can get my hands on one. Otherwise, me and VWOOSH! here are together for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment