Friday, January 20, 2006

Movie Log 2006 #6: Bound for Glory
Given what a movie buff I am (or claim to be), you may be shocked to learn that until a few minutes ago I had never seen all of any given year's Best Picture Oscar nominees. Hell, I was surprised too, running the numbers just now. Anyway, 1976 (award year '77) is now accounted for.

The first name we see in the opening credits is cinematographer Haskell Wexler, and he deserved it. David Carradine was a revelation, especially when you only know him from Kill Bill and vague memories of Kung Fu.
Also of note is Melinda Dillon, who I think is wholly underrated in everything I've seen her in, and a babyfaced Randy Quaid, whom I didn't recognize until he showed up bloodied by anti-union thugs. "Oh, sure, now it looks like Quaid..."

No comments:

Post a Comment