Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I think that win was officially eked out. We trailed until after the photo round, where I think we only missed one -- Amazingly, we know what Serge Gainsbourg looks like. Then we had a sorta crappy final round, but others had a harder time, it seems.

so, some questions (and I finally updated the ones from last week, too):

How many teams play in the Grapefruit League? 18 - Since this is becoming "guess a number between 2 and 30," I'm invoking the mercy rule.

How many Ramona books has Beverly Cleary written? (that is, books where she's part of the title) eight (Mark) - I came up with five titles right away, but had forgotten Ramona Forever, Ramona and Her Mother and Ramona and Her Father. I am actually going to feel bad once I collect dead pool points for Ms. Cleary's passing.

95 percent of the world's opals come from what country? Australia (Mark) - Two of us independently came up with Madagascar, so we went with it. D'oh!

Who delivered the eulogy at Malcolm X's funeral? Ossie Davis (Brian) - I knew this stone cold; not sure why. I think it had to do with reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X for classes right around the time Do The Right Thing was out.


Who was the first president born after the signing of the Declaration of Independence? Martin Van Buren (Brian) - We were one off, guessing Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment