Monday, January 22, 2007

In an effort to apppear less cranky, here are five things I'm especially happy about right now:
*B-Fest is this Friday. Rawk.

*The Pogues are coming to town just after my birthday.

*God Damn, that Hold Steady album is good. Yeah, I know I'm late to the party here.

*also better than it has any right to be: Girl Talk. This Cleveland/Pittsburgh DJ concocts mashup albums using hundreds of samples. This may sound like ADD, but it's actully perfect -- after ten seconds of a standard two-song mashup, you get it and can move on. You can get about half of his album via his Hype Machine links, but I'll probably buy the full thing just so he has an additional $10 for the inevitable lawsuits.

*I'm trying to get more organized at work and decided to resurrect a Franklin Planner that's nearly a decade old. While adding the new inserts, I found an old letter from my grandpa written just after my Jeopardy appearance, telling me how proud he was despite the outcome. That was nice to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment