Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Meh
We're getting DirecTV in the near future. I'm none too pleased about it, as we don't have a choice in the matter. Our condo board has decided to enter a bulk agreement to the tune of an additional $30-40/month on the assessments. This is a savings for current cable customers, of which we are not.

We had cable at our last apartment, and I thought about getting it again when we bought this place. But I never got around to making the call, and Netflix turned out to be a cheaper, better home entertainment option: instead of having to search 100 channels for something to settle for watching, we always have something we *want* to watch at hand. And lately I'm out of the house most nights of the week, what with gaming, curling, and pub quiz going on.

I'll admit I'm intrigued by impending dish access. A month will be cheaper than a tank of gas, after all. I'd just rather have the choice. And it feels like the board has been spending money like drunken Republicans lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment