Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ever since the North Stars moved, I've been a man without a country when it comes to the NHL. Too old for the Wild; I remember the Norris Division too well to back the Hawks (but don't mind the Leafs, surprisingly enough). Inasmuch as I pay attention at all, it's to college players I remember, or people who served me well in fantasy teams.

One position I do hold is that each Original Six team should be competitive enough to at least make the playoffs. It isn't as embarrassing to miss the postseason as it was in the 20-team league, but still...it takes some doing. So I, like everyone in Chicago not named Wirtz, took the news of his passing as a cause for optimism. I look forward to a rejuvenated, competitive Blackhawks squad -- one that's actually worthy of hating. Because it just hasn't been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment