Sunday, December 29, 2002

So?

I'd say I'm at about 80-90 percent right now. The plan is to stretch and work out after work. Coincidentally, that was the plan for the evening of 12/20 before I got up after sitting all morning and eventually found myself in the ER. What I do need to do is go to HR and see if the Vacation time I put in for around Christmas can be changed to Personal/Sick, since I clearly was not vacationing this week. Making that differentiation is the dumbest thing HR departments do anywhere. Well, okay, performance reviews are up there.



I kicked the Valium and Vicodin on Christmas Eve; once I could tackle walking, I wanted to be able to drive, and neither lends itself to that. Plus I wanted to eat grapefruit again, which is strangely one of the Valium-prohibited activities. I'm still on the Vioxx, so New Year's Eve will likely be an alcohol-free affair. I'm not scheduled to curl until Friday, which is good.



Despite the pain and dope, it was nice to have a quiet Christmas Eve and Day just with Kirsti. I missed seeing her parents & family, and the DeVeaus, but there is just so much to be said for sleeping in one's own bed and not dealing with hectic holiday schedules, just having casual Xmas dinners with peers in similar situations. Felt like this is what grownups do.

No comments:

Post a Comment