Thursday, January 23, 2003

Yes, I am still alive

...and walking around. Feeling pretty good, actually.



This weekend we were in Michigan for some trashy goodness. My team saw its five-year title streak snapped in the finals, by 12 points (for people unfamiliar with quizbowl, this is akin to losing by a free throw with no time on the clock). I can live with that. Craig had wanted a win for some time now, and he was nigh-unstoppable in the playoffs.



Our pre-tournament entertainment was a Toledo Storm hockey game. It was craptacular. Much better was the dinner at Tony Packo's, where I got to win over some converts to the wonders of the deep-fried pickle, and had a quite-good chili on spaetzel. Yum.



The second half of curling season is underway, and we picked up a win last night to go 2-0 in the Erwin event. I was thinking that the second half was going much worse than the first, but I added them up last night and I'm 3-4 so far, not counting a slaughter in a game I subbed in -- 2-0 in the Ervin, 1-1 in some mixed events, but a woeful 0-3 in the President's league, in which my weight is always off and I can't hit the broom. One would think I'd be better in the President's, since I'm playing lead, whereas in the Erwin I'm a second.



Congratulations to Natalie and James, who got engaged this weekend. tomorrow I'm picking up Chris to take in this hallowed event.

No comments:

Post a Comment