Tuesday, June 3, 2003

@#$#$%#$@

So...this place wants a resume in PDF. I don't own Acrobat; probably would be a bad idea to buy it now, considering we'll have to bite the bullet and go OS X. So I tour the north suburbs, looking for a Kinko's or like place where I can convert a Word file to PDF. First place -- no go. They want me to drop off the file as a job, and they can't get it to me until tomorrow. Thanks but no thanks. I head back to the Kinko's in Evanston. Would have been my first stop, but one of my other intended errands was to get a haircut, and I was looking for places sorta close together. There is NO parking available in the tiny development housing the Green Bay Rd. Kinko's. I have to do something illegal to get into the realtor's lot next door (which I'm not supposed to park in anyway). There's one Mac at Kinko's. The rate for the machine is double the others. So I get on it, and distill a PDF...and the smart quotes are missing! They're not re-appearing as ditto marks, they're just gone. It's no wonder I got turned down at the blood bank today due to high blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment