Thursday, October 30, 2003

called on account of warmth

Stupid warm weather in October. there's supposed to be SNOW on the ground by now, and the kids are supposedto trick-or-treat it it just like I did as a kid, and it was ALL UPHILL and I was THANKFUL... Due to temps in the mid-to-high 60s today, curling was cancelled this evening. Apparently the sheet was greasy and soft to the point where rocks were leaving rings in the ice. Which worked out okay, actually.



I'm 1-1 thus far. We lost Monday's game (turns out we have a different skip than previously mentioned) in an extra end. Took an early lead, gave it up, fell behind, rallied for 3 to tie in the 8th. Tuesday was much better; we jumped to a 4-0 lead and built on it, and the opponents conceded after 7. I also played much better on Tuesday as a second, but I wouldn't necessarily say that means I'm improving a great deal. I'm told a lot of Canadian clubs start their newbies out at second since the consistent draws required at lead are harder to master. There's a lot to that theory.



No comments:

Post a Comment