Thursday, April 29, 2004

death is not an option

Saw two previews before a movie this week, and have been haunted by this question:



What's fraughter: Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius or the Garfield movie?



While Garfield looks like future B-Fest material, I think BJSoG would be much more excruciating. It's about golf first of all, the most dismal of sports, and with nary a Baby-Ruth-in-the-pool joke to save it (I'm guessing). It has the drippiest leading lady working today in Claire Forlani, and I see that James Horner, my least favorite composer EVER, is doing the score. Plus the trailer features a sanctimonious "to be an amateur is to play for love of the game" speech. Render unto me an effing break. Nothing like being invited to plunk down $9.50 to be told that things should be done for the love of them.



Plus, and this is important. Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius will be sorely lacking in lasagna-based humor.



So that's my 11 cents. feel free to weigh in below on this ever-important debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment