Friday, May 21, 2004

Wanted: GreenCine info

If you, or anyone you know, has experience with this DVD-by-mail service, please share a comment; I'm very interested in what you/they have to say. Realistically I'm unlikely to get rid of Netflix any time soon -- the fact that we're grandfathered into 4 movies at their 3-movie rate still makes the recent price hike negligible. But I have a beef with false inflation of the availability status. Of the 215 movies in my queue this morning, #73, 147 and 190 were Short Wait and #97 was Long Wait. Everything else was listed Now, so there's no reason why my #2, 3 and 4 selections should ship before my #1, right?



I just got in from poker. Tough table this evening. Let's just say I'm ahead for the year. During the day K. and I got to play impromptu hookey, as a brief morning storm was just fierce enough to play havoc with the office's Notes, Net (sporadically), HVAC, plumbing/water pressure (toilets wouldn't flush), and phones. So we closed around lunchtime; once away from the office, we watched the second season of...The Office. If I did a Fraught Watch a la Dwight, I'd put the US version of The Office on High.

No comments:

Post a Comment