Thursday, March 16, 2006

Movie Log 2006: #31-33
Finally made it back to the theatre in this calendar year with Unknown White Male, a documentary we saw two days before the Oscar shorts. The lesson of the film: Just as you should always wear clean underwear in case you have to go to the hospital, so should you become filthy rich, so if you're suddenly struck with retrograde amnesia, you'll find the experience ultimately liberating.

Kirsti's out of town this week, so I loaded up the Netflix queue with horror she'd never watch. First on deck was Saw II, which was as stupid as one would expect. For all its grindhouse nature, this franchise has a pomposity that annoys the crap out of me.

Next up was Gozu, by J-horror freakshow Takashi Miike. Can't really appreciate Gozu without being versed in Miike's other stuff, as well as David Lynch. I am, and I'm still not sure I appreciated this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment