Friday, March 3, 2006

scraps
*The winner of the Oscar pool will win exactly $99, which I find very funny.

*Gee, loading up on those $10, 1-year subscriptions to Spin sure seemed like a good idea at the time. I think we're set for at least another two years of...well, who knows what we're going to get.

* This baseball article, about bible-thumpin' ballplayer Tony Batista, is worth a read. my fave bit:

If coming to Minnesota and spending a season with the Twins is indeed part of "God's divine plan," then I assume that means having Batista make me miserable for a year while hurting my favorite team's playoff chances is also part of the same plan. That's an odd sort of relationship, like saying that someone dropping an anvil off a skyscraper is part of a plan and a person on the sidewalk below being crushed to death by an anvil falling from the sky is within the same plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment