Thursday, May 4, 2006

Letter meme

This is how it works: comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your [web-based area of blather], including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

Craig gave me M. so...

Minneapolis - grew up there. Still enjoy going back, though it feels more foreign to me each time.

Michigan, state of - lived there for a year. I've lived all my life in places with winters that are, shall we say, "well-defined," and the most miserable one was spent in MI. Working for Sparty, I did pick up the Wolverine hatred, which is ironic considering the good UM friends I've made through QB, as well as the transplants here.

Music Box Theatre - I claim it's my favorite theatre in the Chicago area. And how could it not be? It's beautiful, got the stars on the ceiling and projected clouds, live organ accompaniment on weekend nights, real butter on the corn. But I haven't been in over two years though...oops.

Metrodome - the (rare) jet-engine sound of a packed house in the post-season, the never-gets-old feeling of getting blown out the doors on the way out... Maybe it's because I only get to go once a year if that, but I love this dump, and I'll be sad when it's gone.

MN State Fair - My mostly-annual festival of gluttony, people-watching and art made of seeds. I'll have to miss this year's though. I try (and usually fail) to abstain from french fries except at the fair, because they're really never as good anywhere else.

Murder, She Wrote - I've never watched, but this show is the reason the family bought my grandma her first VCR. Poor thing kept falling asleep before the killers were revealed.

mommies - most people have one. Heather has two, according to the kids' book. I have four if you count the M.I.L.

Maryland - College Park was the site of Beltway Bandits, the first trash event I attended, and the start of a long Gerbil reign of terror.

Movie Dictator Night - We've been doing these rotating movie nights for six years now. Yikes! About 20 titles have been added since this summary was published a year ago.

married -- for nine years tomorrow. Happy anniversary sweetie! I can honestly say without a trace of sap that it doesn't feel like anything that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment