Monday, August 18, 2003

musings on the new workplace

At the risk of going all Jim's Journal on you, the new job is okay. Right now I come in, I do stuff, and I go home. As they get busier, I'll come in, do lots more stuff, and maybe never get to go home. But I'm eligible for OT, so that's a plus. They're installing new carpet that can be best described as "Cosby." So I'm in a temporary cube now and was supposed to get moved today, but the moving elves never came. At least the fumes have died down.



There are some interesting perks at this place. The building brings in ice-cream vendors on Wednesdays during lunch, alternating between DQ and Good Humor. This will probably go away during the winter, but maybe then they'll bring in St. Bernards with brandy casks. Also, the pop machines are a measly 25 cents...and stock Dr. Pepper, regular and diet.



No comments:

Post a Comment