Tuesday, August 5, 2003

Thank you, I missed you too.

Since the last post, I:

*installed a new shower surround in the master bath, exposing my horrible caulking abilities for all to see,

*installed a new air-conditioner in the bedroom,

*started a new job,

*got pretty good at GTAIII,

*lost my lead in the dead pool,

*began reading Moby-Dick, or The Whale,

*did not go to Las Vegas,

*did indulge my geekiness in Indy for four days.

*was, and still am, tired a lot, despite going to bed before 10 most nights.



Of these, the new job might be most noteworthy, but for some reason I find Moby Dick to be the most interesting bullet item. I picked it up for 50 cents at the last Brandeis Book Sale, and thought, this is one of the many cultural touchstones that you've not read, and it's shorter than the latest Harry Potter tome. So I'm a little over halfway through it now. It makes for good El reading, but it's odd reading for the beaches of suburban Chicago.



No comments:

Post a Comment