Friday, October 15, 2004

Making the rounds here, here, and here. For my purposes, "Friends list" becomes the "people I know" blogroll to the left:



Name a CD you own that you doubt anyone else on your friends list does.

The Suicide Commandos, The Commandos Commit Suicide Dance Concert The Suicide Commandos were the first, and one of the best, Twin Cities punk bands. They cut one brilliant album on a shortlived Mercury imprint in 1977, then broke up in 1979, leaving this final concert for posterity.



Name a book you own that you doubt anyone else on your friends list does.

Alan Mendelsohn, The Boy From Mars by Daniel Pinkwater. I really enjoyed this book in grade school, spent about 20 years looking for a copy, and then of course discovered it was nowhere near as good as I remembered. It's recently back in print in a Pinkwater anthology, but I'm betting no one has the standalone book.



Name a movie you own on DVD/VHS/whatever that no one else on your friends list does.

Storefront Hitchcock, the little-seen Robyn Hitchcock concert film.



Name a place that you have visited that no one else on your friends list has.

I'm pretty poorly-traveled, but I think no one on the list ever went to the original Bird House bar in Bird Creek, Alaska. I got there in 1993, and it burned down three years later, though a replica has opened in Anchorage proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment