Friday, April 8, 2005

Okay, enough of this flailing. The ungotten are:

1. The Clash - Safe European Home (Leadoff track on Give 'Em Enough Rope)
3. Robyn Hitchcock - Airscape (I saw Hitchcock open for R.E.M. on the Green tour, which was the beginning of the end of my love for that band and the beginning of my love for RH. The sound was crappy so he cut the set short, and I wasn't all that familiar with his work, but one song had a melody that haunted me so much that I bought his stuff gradually until I found it.).
4. Elvis Costello - You Belong to Me (last track on This Year's Model, which is my favorite EC album.
6. Hüsker Dü - Celebrated Summer
7. The Replacements - Left of the Dial
8. Lyle Lovett, with or w/o the Large Band - If I Had A Boat
9. Prince - 17 Days (B-side of When Doves Cry. Maybe it's overexposure to the single, but I think the B-side is a better song, or at least held up better over the long run).
12. They Might Be Giants - 'Til My Head Falls Off (this was the point the "band, not a duo" thing really clicked. )
14. Devo - Secret Agent Man
15. The Buzzcocks - Everybody's Happy Nowadays
16. PJ Harvey - A Place Called Home
17. Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump
18. The Pogues - Fiesta
19. Warren Zevon - Desperadoes Under The Eaves (yeah, it's overblown and one step away from being an Eagles song. And?)
20. XTC - Respectable Street (Long before "Dear God," this was the first XTC song I ever heard, as performed (before Partridge went nuts, they were apparently a killer live act) in the movie Urgh! A Music War. It was on the late lamented Night Flight all the time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment