Thursday, September 21, 2006

Apparently MySpace does in fact have a limited justification for existence, as you can get access to free movie screenings, including the Borat movie. Still, it'll be a while before I attend another "Black Carpet" screening. I don't know that saving $10 is ever worth four hours of sitting around in line. I arrived in line at 6. They had to cap the line at 7:30. Movie started at 10.

As for the film: it's uneven and artless (by design, I suppose). A few of the pieces are retreads from Da Ali G Show, but I don't think anything is recycled. They play fast and loose with geography -- supposed to be East-to-West linear, but they seemingly jump from Mississippi to Virginia to Texas to Georgia, But at least 20 minutes of it had the audience howling. Literally. HOW-LING.

If you've seen any Ali G/Borat and have an opinion on the show, this movie's not going to change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment