Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Look, I'm tied for the lead in the Alison LaPlaca open! I think this will be the only time I'll be able to say that. If even Dinan had trouble with picks, it's going to be a rough year for everyone.
So here's what I'm going with:

10-Brothers and Sisters (ABC) - behind-the-scenes turmoil and late casting changes...never a good sign.
 
9-30 Rock (NBC) - Pilot's been retooled. For reasons which may or may not be valid, I think NBC still associates SNL with "Not Ready For Prime Time." The network isn't going to give Tina Fey the benefit of the doubt that they'll give Aaron Sorkin. Kicking Dratch to a supporting role in favor of a more conventionally attractive lead (Jane Krakowski) is a prime example.

8-King of Queens (CBS) - This is an unusually bad year for shows going into announced final seasons. KoQ is the highest-profile of such shows, but I'm taking a risk assigning so many points to a midseason replacement.

7-Help Me Help You (ABC) - Dear John, Trouble With Normal...who keeps greenlighting these support-group shows? Becker lasted a while, so perhaps I'm underestimating Ted Danson's fan base.

6-Men in Trees (ABC) - I just picked this based on a slew of bad reviews. Based on its place in the Top 10, I wasn't alone. It's fashionable to bust on Anne Heche, but I will say she wasn't the worst thing about Six Days, Seven Nights (no, the worst thing was that it was totally stupid and sucked out loud).

5-Gilmore Girls (CW) - the show's creator has left, and neither Gilmore Girl is signed beyond this season.

4-Happy Hour (FOX) See comments for #6, minus Heche content.

3-Til Death (FOX) ditto.

2-The Game (CW) - a sitcom about NFL spouses might not be the worst idea, but placing opposite actual NFL football is.

1-Six Degrees (ABC) - This will fail, but I predict that copycat shows will be huge; most notably CBS's Friendster and Fox's megahit, Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment