Thursday, February 28, 2002

Grammies? Didn't watch. As part of my continuing transition into Cranky Old Manhood, I knew the the show would hold no interest for me the moment I saw the list of nominees. I have always hated U2. I think they're the most overrated useless band to come along since The Doors, and their Super Bowl halftime show did nothing to dissuade me of this opinion. That said, they were the least horrid nominees in many of their categories. One of the few more useless bands is Train, and I'm dismayed that they won anything. I'm happy for: Outkast, O Brother soundtrack, They Might Be Giants, and that's about it. Didn't hear the Dylan album. Have formed no opinion on Alicia Keys.



Instead, we watched Butterfield 8. On Liz Taylor's birthday, no less, but this was pure coincidence -- it just happened to be the Netflix movie in yesterday's mail. I've decided I don't get Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment