Thursday, February 14, 2002

Wendigowas bad. This review is way off base, except where praise of Erik Per Sullivan is concerned. He was quite good. Otherwise, the characters were mostly stock, the foreshadowing was clumsy and obvious, and the decision to give us a look at the Wendigo was a big mistake -- it reminded me of the When Animals Attack In High Speed Car Chases 2 sketch on The Chris Rock Show. And to make matters worse, the Thai place down the street from Facets has closed! Evicted, along with the Japanese place next door -- new buyer, apparently.



Wendigowas the 40th movie I've seen this year (rules: at least 60-70 min. in length, made for theatrical release, video/DVD is okay but repeats are not counted).It took me until mid-April to reach that point the last two years. I've actually slowed down in February. We were on a tremendous tear in January thanks to some good catch-up options at the bargain moviehouses and interesting selections at the Music Box. After finishing January with 34 films I'm now off pace, but SF27should get me back on track.



Some news from the homeland. I've not been a Minnesota resident for nearly a decade, but I still read the Strib's online page more than either of the Chicago papers. Judi Dutcher is running for governor. When was the last time a head of a U.S. state was kinda hot? Maybe I'm just jaded by the Illinois machine.



And the legislature is about to name an official state photo. this caught my eye because this photo, "Grace," adorned the wall of my grandma's kitchen (and may still; I've not noticed it since she moved), and probably your grandarents' kitchens, too. But what state needs an official state photo? This could be taken to extremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment