Friday, February 15, 2002

Say Cheese

Kirsti and I have been talking about getting a digital camera. While they appear to be coming down in price, and I haven't done any research on them yet, my reservations about the idea are:



We have a Mac. This doesn't limit our choices as much as the Wintel bigots would have me believe, but it does mean I'll need to do more homework before buying. On the other hand, this incapability for immediate gratification means by necessity I'll end up with a more informed purchase than if I were able to waltz into Best Buy and snap up the first camera I saw.



We have anoldMac. We've souped up our Power Mac 6100 as far as it will go, but the bottom line is we're serial/SCSI dinosaurs in the USB age. So we'll have to keep adapters in mind.



Most importantly,neither of us really takes pictures.It quite literally takes us years to use up a roll of film. This is probably due to our current camera being a piece of utter crap, but I'm not so sure. If I'm going to take pictures I want it to be because I want to, not to justify the cost of the hardware.



So, I don't know. We've hardly begun looking into this matter.



And Valentine's Day, you may ask? Well, I'm not much for the holiday. Not because I'm unromantic, but in the 12 years Kirsti and I have been together, we've created our own dates in which to celebrate our love and relationship, none of which have much to do with 2/14. Plus we're both pretty practical and cheap. We ended up making a pan of brownies, getting through a bottle of merlot, and watching a movie, in this case The Heartbreak Kid. Which I think demonstrates quite well how fortunate I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment