Friday, August 25, 2006

Hola amigos, etc., etc. Remember Sneaker Pimps? They had that catchy, trip-hoppy "6 Underground" single ten years ago, and the rest of the album was pretty solid as well? I had no idea they had any followups until I saw their 2002 album in a used bin.

And now I know why the Sneaker Pimps followup stuff was completely under the radar. Simply awful. Maybe it was wise to abandon trip-hop and sack Kelli Dayton, but now they sound like a lukewarm NIN/Coldplay fusion. Bleah.

In other media news, Spin has yet another new editor, as Andy Pemberton lasted all of one or two issues. It's now less socialite/party oriented and focusing again on the music. Still rudderless, but at least they've given the talent-free Ultragrrrl the boot. I suppose paper music magazines are wholly irrelevant now; for instance, this new issue of Spin just got around to informing me that Sleater-Kinney is breaking up.

Finally, after trying and failing to view the file Dee sent me, I procured and viewed the Heroes pilot. S'pretty good. I still have no idea what goes on my LaPlaca entry, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment